Learn from and move forward positively from life’s upheavals, stresses and traumas. Increase resilience and well-being. [Click to Tweet] Transform Your Health: Write to Heal offers a progression of restorative writing forms that support your innate ability to heal and grow.
I was angry, angry, angry when we did the writing about the past. Angry that the past was still following me. That was when I realized I was still carrying around old baggage. The writing helped me see that it was behind me. It was no longer necessary to hold on and keep carrying it with me. That was like an epiphany. A weight was taken off my shoulders. It was like someone opened a door for me and I could move forward. I was no longer a captive! I felt free.
~ Kelly Hill-Ross, participant
Who Should Attend
This workshop is for you if you’re interested in how writing can promote resilience and well-being. If you’ve experienced a disruptive or traumatic life event – and that’s most of us! – you may be especially drawn to the opportunity to use writing as a tool to support growth, learning and healing.
- No writing experience or aspirations needed!
- Your writing remains private.
- You are invited to share what you learn and discover through your writing.
- Supportive connections with others strengthen the experience.
Over three decades of research demonstrate the power of expressive writing to positively impact emotional, social, behavioral and physical well-being. It’s greatest appeal is that it is a method with strong scientific evidence behind it. ~ James W. Pennebaker & Joshua M. Smyth, Opening Up by Writing it Down.
These six forms of expressive writing promote healing, resilience and well-being:
- The Pennebaker Paradigm: Helps you move forward positively from a personal, private emotional upheaval or crisis.
- Transactional writing: Allows you to take care of unfinished business, conveying your feelings, expectations and intentions for yourself and others.
- Poetic writing: Uses narrative structure and metaphor to tell your story.
- Affirmative writing: Focuses awareness on your best qualities, and on how you want to live your life in the future.
- Legacy writing: Enables you to write for others about your values, what you most want to be known for, major life lessons, turning points and epiphanies.
- Mindful writing: Brings your focus to the present, strengthening six aspects of mindfulness: awareness, attention, acceptance, affection, appreciation, and affirmation.
Sign Up for the Fall Session
When: October 10 – November 14, 2019, from 5 PM – 7PM Eastern time. Where: Online, using zoom.us
Investment: $295. Early Bird Saving! Sign up by September 27th and save $50!
To allow ample time for writing and discussion, this workshop is limited to just 10 spots. Sign up now to reserve yours!
Special Bonus Offers
- A copy of my e-book,The Write Way to Well-Being: Guide and Workbook. (value: $12.99)
- A 30-minute one-on-one coaching session at no additional cost! (value: $100)
What You Can Expect
- A supportive environment that facilitates deep reflection and growth
- Nonjudgmental, careful listening from others
- Writing exercises to support your well-being that you can continue using.
- New perspectives and deepened self-understanding.
Research shows that expressive writing supports health, resilience, and well-being. It is not a substitute for physical or mental health treatment. Please seek professional advice and help as needed for help with troubling symptoms or illness.
Nancy L. Seibel is a Certified Facilitator of the Transform Your Health: Write to Heal curriculum.
Collage and Photo © 2018 NL Seibel, Keys to Change LLC