Connect with your inner healing voice. Discover your capacity to learn and move forward positively from life’s upheavals, stresses and traumas. [Click to Tweet] Transform Your Health: Write to Heal offers a progression of restorative forms of writing that support your innate ability to heal and grow.
I was angry, angry, angry when we did the writing about the past. Angry that the past was still following me. That was when I realized I was still carrying around old baggage. The writing helped me see that it was behind me. It was no longer necessary to hold on and keep carrying it with me. That was like an epiphany. A weight was taken off my shoulders. It was like someone opened a door for me and I could move forward. I was no longer a captive! I felt free.
~ Kelly Hill-Ross, participant
- No writing experience or aspirations needed!
- Your writing remains private.
- You are invited to share what you learn and discover through your writing.
- Supportive connections with others strengthen the experience.
Over three decades of research demonstrate the power of expressive writing to positively impact emotional, social, behavioral and physical well-being. It’s greatest appeal is that it is a method with strong scientific evidence behind it. ~ James W. Pennebaker & Joshua M. Smyth, Opening Up by Writing it Down.
These six forms of expressive writing promote healing, resilience and well-being:
- The Pennebaker Paradigm: Helps you move forward positively from a personal, private emotional upheaval or crisis.
- Transactional writing: Allows you to take care of unfinished business, conveying your feelings, expectations and intentions for yourself and others.
- Poetic writing: Uses narrative structure and metaphor to tell your story.
- Affirmative writing: Focuses awareness on your best qualities, and on how you want to live your life in the future.
- Legacy writing: Enables you to write for others about your values, what you most want to be known for, major life lessons, turning points and epiphanies.
- Mindful writing: Brings attention on the present, strengthening awareness, attention, acceptance, affection, appreciation, and affirmation.
Sign Up for the Summer Session
When: June 25th-July 30th, 2019 Where: Online, using zoom.us
Earlybird Rate: $275 – expires June 11th! Claim your $50 savings with code EARLYBIRDTYH.
To allow ample time for writing and discussion, this workshop is limited to just 8 spots. Sign up now to reserve yours!
Special Bonus Offers
- A copy of my e-book,The Write Way to Well-Being: Guide and Workbook. (value: $12.99)
- An optional 30-minute one-on-one coaching session at the special rate of $50 (value: $50)
What You Can Expect
- A supportive environment that facilitates deep reflection and growth
- Nonjudgmental, careful listening from others
- Writing exercises to support your well-being that you can continue using.
- New perspectives and deepened self-understanding.
Research shows that expressive writing supports health and well-being. It is not a substitute for physical or mental health treatment. Please seek professional advice and help as needed for help with troubling symptoms or illness.
Since taking Leading Others in writing for Health in 2015 from author, writing clinician and educator John Evans, I have facilitated Writing for Well-Being and Writing for Resilience workshops with hundreds of participants. I am currently completing Dr. Evans’ facilitator certification training for the 6-week Transform Your Health: Write to Heal workshop. As part of my certification I have facilitated this workshop for cancer survivors through a local hospital, and online for all who would like to participate.
Collage and Photo © 2018 NL Seibel, Keys to Change LLC