What is Reiki?
Reiki is an ancient Japanese energy healing approach that works holistically on body, mind and spirit. It is akin to other approaches that balance the body’s energy centers.**
Reiki works only for your highest good, and can do no harm. It is not a religion. It is spiritual in it’s emphasis on love and compassion, and is compatible with other spiritual and religious practices.
At least four styles of Reiki existed in Japan when, in 1922, Mikao Usui had a mystical experience leading him to develop what is known as Usui Reiki.
Since that time the earlier Japanese forms of Reiki fell into disuse or became less well known. Through Usui’s work and the work of those that he and subsequent Reiki teachers trained, thousands of practitioners throughout the world share Reiki (universal energy) with themselves and others.
Reiki is gaining acceptance in hospitals, workplace wellness programs and university wellness programs throughout the U.S.
Overview of a Reiki Session
- We talk for a bit, so you can let me know of any questions or concerns.
- You remain fully clothed as you lay on a massage table. You can be comfortably seated if that’s better for you.
- You listen to relaxing music throughout your session.
- I use light touch, or if you prefer, no touch, moving my hand from one energy center to the next, going from head to toe.
- You may fall into a light sleep.
- I close the session by using sweeping hand motions over your energy field to brush away old energy, and then sealing your energy field.
As we end our session, I offer to text or call in a day or two to see if you have any questions.
Benefits of Reiki:
- Less stress
- Fewer stress-related physical symptoms
- Increased positive emotion
- Enhanced mindful awareness
- Energy balancing
- Compatible with and can be used along with other spiritual and healing practices
Current research supports the ability of Reiki to reduce anxiety and pain, and suggests it’s useful in promoting relaxation, improving fatigue and depressive symptoms, and strengthening overall wellbeing.
My Clients Agree with the Research!
After receiving just one session, they’ve told me they feel:
- Deeply relaxed
- Relieved of headache, muscle and/or joint pain
Schedule Your In-Person or Distant Sessions
I see in-person Reiki clients at one of two Catonsville, MD locations:
- The offices of Terri Doan Esthetician, 1011 Frederick Avenue, Catonsville, MD, 21228 – Tuesday afternoon/evenings
- The Catonsville Counseling and Wellness Center, 516, N. Rolling Road, Catonsville, MD, 21228, Thursday afternoon/evenings
I can accommodate requests for appointments outside of these hours.
Distant Reiki sessions are available wherever you are and are scheduled at your convenience.
Distant Reiki clients report the same benefits that in-person clients experience.
- Sessions are usually 15-30 minutes long.
- We schedule a time, and arrange to be sitting or lying down in a comfortable, private space.
- We speak briefly beforehand, or can communicate via text.
- While you relax, I send Reiki to you.
- We touch base briefly afterward.
**Reiki practitioners do not diagnose conditions or prescribe or perform medical treatment, prescribe substances, or interfere the the treatment of a licensed medical professional. Reiki does not take the place of medical care. It is recommended that you see a licensed physician or licensed health care professional for any physical or psychological ailment you may have. Reiki can complement medical or psychological care you may be receiving.
Schedule Your Reiki Session Now!
Contact me with your questions, or to arrange for date or time that works for you.
In-Person Reiki Sessions- $70 for 1 hour; $40 for a half-hour
Distant Reiki Sessions – $15 for 15 minutes; $30 for a half-hour