Updated focus for April’s Writing for Resilience workshop: Living in Uncertain Times
Join us for a two-hour, in-depth, personal writing workshop to immerse yourself in topics that bring a deep connection to your inner self, strengthening resilience and well-being.
What We Do
- We begin with a brief, centering meditation.
- We reflect together on our topic, learning from one another’s perspectives.
- We do a brief writing warmup, and then delve into our carefully designed prompts.
- We reflect on our writing experience. The writing itself remains private.
- We are serious in our commitment to self-care, and we have fun together!
I facilitate the process, holding space for meaningful connection with self and others. You have the opportunity to relax and focus on your writing.
What You Can Expect
- Personal discovery.
- Greater clarity.
- New perspectives.
- A sense of connection to self and others.
Updated Topic – April 24th, 2019
Living in Uncertain Times
Our capacity to cope and thrive is challenged when we face change in uncertain times. As Carol McClelland Fields so beautifully explains, change takes on many levels – from that of our innermost selves, affecting us personally, to the global level, impacting us all. Global level changes can resonate deep within us, evoking strong personal responses.
The world has recently faced the burning of Notre Dame, stirring strong reactions for many. This impact is amplified by political, social and environmental uncertainty in our own country and around the world. That event was followed by violence in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday.
We’ll explore what comes up for us and how we cope when world events occur together with our own personal changes and transitions, or trigger echoes of past experiences.
Date and Time: Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 5:30-7:30 PM Eastern. Investment: $48.