What my workshop participants say about their experiences with writing to heal is backed up by science. Expressive writing and other structured writing approaches help us
- Integrate difficult experiences into our life story;
- Do better in many areas of life: work, school, relationships
- Feel better and stronger, physically and emotionally.
Get all these benefits and more in three, two-hour workshops.
The small group size will allow ample opportunity for writing and supportive interaction.
We’ll get started on Saturday June 9th, 2018 with Expressive Writing. The four structured prompts, developed by researcher and psychologist James Pennebaker will lead us through the process of recovering from lingering effects of a past, emotionally disruptive experience.
On Saturday, June 16, 2018, we’ll use Transactional Writing to strengthen self-compassion and Affirmative Writing to identify, claim and share our strengths and talents.
Our third session on Saturday, June 23, 2018, will be devoted to Poetic Writing. You won’t have to create your own poem on the spot, and you’ll gain a lot from using the “bones” of an existing poem to create your own. We’ll close out the session using Legacy Writing to explore our sense of purpose and our deepest values.
What You’ll Get
- A facilitated, safe space for deep reflection.
- The support of others, with no judgement or attempts to “fix” anything.
- My e-book, The Write Way to Well-Being Guide and Workbook.
- A bonus, 45-minute one-on-one coaching session. Value: $150
Where We’ll Meet
These workshops are online, using zoom.us.
Dates and Times
Saturdays – June 9, 16, and 23, 2018 from 10AM-Noon Eastern.
Group Size is Limited.
To make sure there’s enough time for writing and facilitated discussion, the group size limited to just four participants.
Investment is $450.
Register by May 25, 2018, to save $25.